Statement of Core beliefs
2-in-2-1 has clear core beliefs with respect to the value and purpose of marriage. In affirming the value of marriage we do not seek to disparage or deny the validity of the wide variety of human relationships and family forms that characterise UK society in the 21st century. We do however believe that marriage is a vibrant radical choice which has a unique place and value in society.
Our core beliefs are:-
- that marriage is a lifestyle choice open to all irrespective of race creed or religion which is not a fashion or fad, but a contemporary lifestyle which reaches backwards into history, and forwards into the future, for its strength and diversity.
- that marriage is distinguished by both a private commitment and a public declaration before witnesses to a relationship which is :-
- permanent - a lifelong commitment
- exclusive - to be set apart from, and valued above, every other relationship
- that marriage, through its basis of emotional security and mutual support, provides the best possible foundation for individuals to play a full and meaningful part in building a secure society.
- that marriage is a relationship between a man and a woman which provides the most beneficial environment in which to conceive and raise children
Alignment with these beliefs underlies the selection of content offered by 2-in-2-1 and guide the way in which all aspects of marriage are presented.