100 Plus Hints And Tips For Building Good Relationships
By David & Maureen Brown
All of the following we have learnt out of making mistakes. We still apply most if not all into our relationship because we have experienced that marriage can be enjoyed rather than having to be endured! Dip into these on an occasional basis and do let us know how you get on and any others that you have found useful - thanks.
- Marriage is not thinking alike, but thinking together.
- Go out for coffee and reminisce about a day/date/special event you both had that you will never forget.
- Eat out at a different type of restaurant for dinner – Italian, Indian, fish etc.
- By being flexible in your marriage you will help to deepen your relationship together.
- When you place your marriage first, everything else will fall into place.
- You will need learn to trust and to be trustworthy.
- Learn to listen to each other. Listen to how he/she feels about his/her greatest hopes for the future. Listen to how he/she feels about his/her childhood.
- The oil that lubricates any love relationship is forgiveness.
- Forgiveness begins with a simple decision, an act of the will.
- Do not criticize your husband/wife in front of others.
- Learn how to simply appreciate one another.
- Discover that you are not only husband and wife, but also best friends.
- Have a common faith foundation.
- Husbands love your wife, wife respect your husband.
- Talk about what each of you thinks is “romantic.”
- When forgiveness is truly necessary, forgive as quickly as you can.
- Hey Guys, realize that offering a listening ear is all a woman needs at times!
- To build your marriage on a solid base think and talk in terms of “forever” and “till death parts us”.
- Some bright spark has discovered that a hug causes energising oxygen to course through your body!
- If criticism drips unchecked then love dies by inches.
- It has been said that commitment creates an island of certainty in swirling waters.
- Listen to how she feels about the amount of time you spend with her.
- He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honour. Proverbs 21:21
- Don’t miss a birthday or special day. Write them on a calendar.
- A neglected wife can never be ‘warmed up’ by technique or atmosphere; she needs your time and attention.
- Put the best effort into the communication system within your marriage.
- Make a list of things you do together that bring you joy and set dates to do them.
- Have a “just for two” candlelight dinner.
- Warm ‘hellos’ and tender ‘good-byes’ are the best greetings and farewells.
- By giving your husband space when he needs it will gain you a happier husband, but don’t try to understand why!
- It is always the little things that really matter.
- Get rid of habits that annoy and tell her that you love her – often.
- A husband’s basic need is to be told that you respect and admire him.
- Deepen your marriage relationship by encouraging and praising your wife.
- A gift will make your spouse feel loved, not because of the cost but because of the thought that goes into it.
- Wives appreciate things that are romantic and build deeper relationships.