Crunch Points for Couples
By Julia Cole
Many couples do not expect the changes and challenges that married life can bring. Many of us find change hard to handle and in particular changes within marriage can bring great pressure and stress. Julia Cole, a trained couple counsellor, psychosexual therapist and counselling supervisor with Relate, explores the sorts of change which can occur in couple relationships, focussing on the crunch points when "couples find themselves up against tough decisions and feelings". Subjects explored are:
- How relationships grow
- Coping with becoming parents
- The impacts of money concerns in relationships
- Sexual worries
- Loss of trust, especially as the result of an affair
- Dealing with change that cannot be controlled, eg, illness and death
- Facing up to relationship breakdown
By referring to case histories and a wealth of counselling experience, the author examines the issues and offers practical wisdom and advice to help work through difficult times and build a stronger relationship. Written to help any couple relationship, it nonetheless has a lot of valuable insight to offer married couples.
Order now from Amazon.co.uk for 20% off!