2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums

2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Marriage Help (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My long term boyfriend hates my parents (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8919)

acb 27th August 2014 05:49 PM

My long term boyfriend hates my parents

This is my first time using a forum so I hope it helps!

Ive been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we have a very serious relationship. I know we will be getting married in a few years. But we are in a very complicated situation.

We were in an accident with my parents company vehicle. The other person's insurance company has sued my boyfriend and my parents for money to cover the other vehicle (our insurance company sued my parents company claiming to have cancelled our insurance but the case was withdrawn)
Long story short my parents ate divorced now and live in different countries. They refuse to come for the court date. This leaves my boyfriend to pay the settlement alone.
Because of this he hates my parents and refuse to have anything to do with them again. He calls them names and says disrespectful things.
I want them to get along but I know its not his fault. I just never thought I would be with someone who will not talk to my parents.

What should I do??

chosen 27th August 2014 05:55 PM

Re: My long term boyfriend hates my parents

So are you saying that the vehicle wasnt insured?

acb 27th August 2014 06:01 PM

It was insured at the time however after the accident the company said they mailed a letter saying it was cancelled but they never got a letter which is why they went to court.

chosen 27th August 2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acb (Post 79845)
It was insured at the time however after the accident the company said they mailed a letter saying it was cancelled but they never got a letter which is why they went to court.

Ok so why arent the insurane company paying if your parents won the case.

acb 27th August 2014 06:28 PM

Im not sure. The whole situation is complicated. Maybe my post was misleading. I should have asked what I should do about the fact that my boyfriend wants nothing to do with my parents. Is thay wrong of him to say? Is it ok to marry someone knowing this?

chosen 27th August 2014 07:31 PM

Well if your boyfriend caused the accident, in that sense he is responsible, but your parents were responsible for making sure the vehicle was insured, so I can understand that he is angry that they wont help out. They dont have to be in court, especially if they are abroad, but they should really contribute.

You did say that you werent intending to marry for 2 years or so, so hopefully it will have all been sorted out by then. It would be very hard to be married to a man who hates his in laws I have to say.

Have you spoken to your parents about all this?

Harry 23rd October 2014 11:19 AM

Because of this he hates my parents and refuse to have anything to do with them again. He calls them names and says disrespectful things.
I want them to get along but I know its not his fault. I just never thought I would be with someone who will not talk to my parents.