2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums

2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Marriage Help (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My wife left me for a guy she just met at work :( will she regret (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8868)

ditto 1st December 2015 07:49 PM

Re: My wife left me for a guy she just met at work :( will she regret

Care to post an update ku2luh?
I am new to the boards. My first marriage ended after 12 years back in 2009. The pain at the time was unbearable, but I ended up with our daughter. She turned out to be bi-polar and is not doing well right now. Sorry for her, because her daughter has to see it. She didn't regret her decision to leave me for another guy. She justified it in her mind. NO ONE agrees with her reasons, but she knows the "TRUTH". Whatever that means.

Problem for me, is, it happened in my second marriage. I got my wive of 4 years a job at a major airlines, as a flight attendant. She, like you ku2luh, became distant. I have seen the pattern before, so I got out. I took my daughter and I asked her and her 2 kids to leave. I am sad, but I know that things will work out. I am not 100% sure if my new ex-wife is wanting a 'single' life, but she didn't fight the divorce for 1 second. She seemed relieved actually. I will let it unfold and wonder, why did I do this again?

notDoneYet 1st December 2015 10:12 PM

JKu.

Sorry you are here my friend. Take it from a vet that's just coming out of the other end. Your sitch isn't uncommon. Mine is VERY similar to yours and Roncco's and there are a lot of men out there going through the same sh!t so you are not alone.

Right now you want to save your M, right? Well, you can only save your M if you focus on YOU. Not your W.

It may not work and you may still, like me end up with a D but right now that's not your focus.

WW (wayward wife's) all follow the same script. That's why Roncco and I see so many parallels. It's the same old story played over and over again. Your sitch isn't unique. Far from it friend.

So what to do. Well first, stop being her H. She sacked you from that job. I know you want to do things for her and be nice etc to show her how good it can be again. But trust me no H EVER niced his WW back to the M.

That doesn't mean you need to be a jerk. Far from it. You need to become the man only a fool would leave. Who's he? The strong confident ku that can handle his own world. Get me? Go GAL (get a life). Make time for ku. Stick with us here and post often but what ever you so don't focus on what your WW is doing. Focus on you and sorting you out. Be strong and confident. No woman is attracted to a weak man. Stay strong dude. I have more to offer.

Raymond 2nd December 2015 12:12 PM

Pilots do have a big reputation for being unfaithful. One may ask who they are being unfaithful with.

You have no proof that she cheated but reading between the lines you are probably right. It is hard for you to be suffering the same thing in two marriages. It is part of the climate we live in where adultery is minimised through films, novels the media etc. If one hasn't built their life on a rock they will be affected by the present culture. I really hope you find someone with some sexual morality who actually believes in marriage.

chosen 2nd December 2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 88216)
Pilots do have a big reputation for being unfaithful. One may ask who they are being unfaithful with.

You have no proof that she cheated but reading between the lines you are probably right. It is hard for you to be suffering the same thing in two marriages. It is part of the climate we live in where adultery is minimised through films, novels the media etc. If one hasn't built their life on a rock they will be affected by the present culture. I really hope you find someone with some sexual morality who actually believes in marriage.

The immorality applies to the flight crews as well. Having said that we have a very godly and moral happily married former pilot in our church. (now retired) so there are some exceptions.

Raymond 3rd December 2015 02:36 PM

Glad to hear it.