2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums

2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Wedding & Engagement Help (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help Please (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2207)

estherm 21st March 2005 04:56 PM

Help Please

Hi,

I really need some help and adivce, something has happened and my partner and I want to get married as soon as we can, but the thing is we don't know where to start. We want something very informal. Can anyone give me any pointers about how we can do this.

Thanks

Esther

Dave 21st March 2005 09:45 PM

Re: Help Please

Hi Estherm

Take a look at Kate's article The where and how of getting married - I think you'll find most of the practical bits covered there.

The simplest approach is a simple ceremony at a registry office with just two friends as witnesses. You can follow that with a simple get together for a few friends at your place, or a pub. It doesn't have to cost the earth.

Dave

ssarah30 5th April 2005 04:44 PM

I got married in a registry office the 2nd time around. And I loved it! I had all the big do on my first marriage and to be honest I didnt really know what I was doing, so when I finally met the love of my life we just had a couple of friends and our children there. It was great, all the kids clapped when the registrar said ' you may kiss the bride' and then we went to our friends house for a cup of tea!!! All this was sorted start to finish in 3 weeks.

cardlynes 15th April 2005 08:15 AM

We had a very simple registry office wedding for very close family which was planned very quickly, we also held a humanist ceremony afterwards where we invited all our freinds to, this meant wecould have our ceremony exactly as we wanted it. Our wedding reception was then had outdoors in our parents back garden which was the most perfect setting for the reception we could have imagined. We organised our wedding in less than 2 months including all the dresses, suits and flowers, look for very local suppliers to you in order to get a fast service. I set up my own wedding stationery business shortly before becoming a bride and handcrafted my own stationery, all the wording inside the invites was personalised to our wedding and matched our flowers and colour scheme perfectly. www.cardlynes.co.uk. It is daunting planning a wedding but i am glad we left ourselves less than 2 months to organise it as it was stressful enough in that short space of time, heaven knows what I would have been like if I had, had longer to plan and organise it.

tabby 23rd March 2007 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estherm (Post 9720)
Hi,

I really need some help and adivce, something has happened and my partner and I want to get married as soon as we can, but the thing is we don't know where to start. We want something very informal. Can anyone give me any pointers about how we can do this.

Thanks

Esther

The first and most important thing is to choose your date and book this with your church and your reception venue. Everything else will follow from there :)

==========================