2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums

2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Marriage and society (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Friendly or flirting (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9345)

Robert 20th February 2016 12:40 PM

Friendly or flirting

Hello, I have a fiancé who says that her actions, mainly toward other men are just her being friendly. When we are walking through a department store or practically any time we are around other people, I've noticed that she makes eye contact with other men, young and old, and if her eye contact is returned, she smiles and either nods or some other body language to acknowledge the contact. I've ask her about this and she explains it as just being friendly. I feel it's more than that.I would like other people's opinion about this.

chosen 20th February 2016 11:37 PM

Re: Friendly or flirting

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 88526)
Hello, I have a fiancé who says that her actions, mainly toward other men are just her being friendly. When we are walking through a department store or practically any time we are around other people, I've noticed that she makes eye contact with other men, young and old, and if her eye contact is returned, she smiles and either nods or some other body language to acknowledge the contact. I've ask her about this and she explains it as just being friendly. I feel it's more than that.I would like other people's opinion about this.

Does she act the same way with the women she meets?Does she look at them and smile at them?What do mean by some other body language?

Raymond 25th February 2016 11:45 AM

I would say she is feeding off admiration perhaps and fishing for it. To the other men it would seem like she was flirting. A bit inappropriate I would say. I would find the right time to put in a word and not get married until there is an understanding about her naive behaviour.

Eunice Pierson 20th July 2016 03:51 AM

Friendly from her point of view but flirting from the point of view of those men she's having eye contact with.

Liam 20th July 2016 04:22 PM

Robert:

My brother had a wife like this. Everyone in the family noticed that she was always making eye contact with strange men and smiling at them. It was as if she needed constant validation of her attractiveness to other men.

This flirting issue did cause problems for my brother in many ways.

shaybib 21st August 2016 08:34 AM

if it bothers you then you should talk about it with her. it doesn't really matter if this is just friendliness if it bothers you she should make an effort to stop or change the way she behaves.

Hilary 12th October 2016 06:16 AM

I know this is now going back a long way in time, but good grief. Are you saying you don't make eye contact and smile with people as you go past them? I make a point of it as making eye contact in our society is the major way of staying connected with others. The issue is if she only makes contact with men and never with women. If its only with men there may be a problem, especially if she is making eye contact with young Muslim men who may well take eye contact as an invitation to more than she intends. Just being friendly is OK if its with a range of people in a cultural setting who understand her intent.

If she makes eye contact with all sorts of people she may just make their day. Smiling and acknowledgeing someone who is very lonely can lift their spirits and it is lovely watching their faces turn from ugly and miserable to one of beauty.

chosen 14th December 2016 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilary (Post 89360)
I know this is now going back a long way in time, but good grief. Are you saying you don't make eye contact and smile with people as you go past them? I make a point of it as making eye contact in our society is the major way of staying connected with others. The issue is if she only makes contact with men and never with women. If its only with men there may be a problem, especially if she is making eye contact with young Muslim men who may well take eye contact as an invitation to more than she intends. Just being friendly is OK if its with a range of people in a cultural setting who understand her intent.

If she makes eye contact with all sorts of people she may just make their day. Smiling and acknowledgeing someone who is very lonely can lift their spirits and it is lovely watching their faces turn from ugly and miserable to one of beauty.

There is a difference between looking at someone while you talk and flirting.

Raymond 17th December 2016 11:27 AM

You are right Chosen. We all know the difference or should do. It's the look on their face which is the red light.

chosen 17th December 2016 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 89394)
You are right Chosen. We all know the difference or should do. It's the look on their face which is the red light.

Yes, and body language.

Hanna 29th August 2017 01:04 PM

wh*re?) or no?)))

blendflush 23rd June 2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chosen (Post 89395)
Yes, and body language.

Precisely, actions are more obvious than words.

danielcood 7th May 2019 07:25 PM

In my vision friendly