View Single Post
Old 18th May 2006, 08:48 PM   #13
TooMuchPain

Re: My husband had an affair and got another woman pregnant?

What a nightmare! I would seek counseling and begin to start a self-healing process. You will not change him. He will blame you for everything. His desire is to make you feel guilty, so you will stay with him.

Sometimes I try to look at my own situation as if I was a third party. If I were watching this person what would I tell them? What do I want for them? Where should they go and how should they get there? Everyone deserves to be happy. You must first make yourself happy in order to do it for others (i.e. your children). Counseling will help you find a way to make yourself happy. Then you will discover how easy it is to make those important in your life as happy or better.

No one can make you do anything. You have to do it for yourself. Your husband seeks happiness by self indulgence. That is not happiness. It is gluttony. I cannot see into his mind or yours. I do not know what makes either of you tick. But you know what makes you tick. You know what makes your children tick. Use this to make yourself happy.

My prayers and thoughts are with you. You will be a happier person, but you have to do that. Take charge of it and you will feel a freedom unlike any other available in the world. Do not fear the unknown. Take charge and go into the unknown with confidence, love, and a rekindled spirit of freedom. You will see dividends beyond your wildest dreams.