View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2013, 02:04 PM   #3
freddie

Re: How to see our married life through my wife's eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Crumbs Freddie you sound like a superman. Normally I would say that the marriage has ended where a wife has committed adultery and has not even repented of it.

However she obviously does have deep seated problems from her childhood which have not been overcome. Can you say what the nature of the abuse was?

To me the marriage sounds like looking after an ungrateful patient. I am amazed that you still want to try again from the start. If you can win her back great. Until you do I don't think there is much you can do just now until she can admit that she has a problem.
Yes, I know, I am not expecting that I can resolve the matter tomorrow, plus I need her to want to repair the marriage, to repent and to seek therapy plus counselling with me. The truth is I love her (but a bit less every day) and, if she has a real argument about me neglecting her, then I am prepared to make it up to her and try again.
The abuse she suffered was she was beaten with a belt, made to kneel in the corner of a room with grain under her bare knees and she was sent to live with her grandparents for a few years, all by her own mother - she must have done other things to punish her that I do not know about yet. Sending her away was not abuse, it was because her parents could not cope but it still makes you feel unwanted.

I am trying not to make up excuses for her behaviour but still she suffered abuse as a child and I was not the best husband. She deserves another try in my view, plus she is the mother of my children and I want us to stay together (under good behaviour).

I rembember her saying that the other man treated her like a princess. Interesting word, could it be that she has always been looking for compensation for her mother not treating her like her little pirncess? and that she feels I did not do that? If it makes her a better woman, I will have no trouble spoiling her.

Last edited by freddie; 2nd April 2013 at 02:12 PM.
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote