Thread: Welcome
View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2008, 08:28 PM   #3
Jenny Wilson
Professional

Re: Welcome

Thanks Ted

having met you a few times at meetings it is good to know what you are actually doing

For me , I am a Christian GP. I have been interested in marriage for a few years since I started to realise the impact that relationship breakdown was having on my day to day workload, not just in the mental health consultations but in all sorts of others too.

I feel that this e forum is likely to be the start of things to come. I see that as a health worker we need to address marriage and its importance in two ways. The obvious way is an educational one. We all need to know from grass roots to government level that on average marriage is healthier than any other relationship and the offspring of married relationships do better not just in terms of health but in every other measurable category. I also feel that we need to support the marriages of health care workers as they are on a daily basis supporting those whose relationships are breaking down.

I look forward to hearing how others of you are working to promote marriage and how we might support each other

Jenny

Last edited by Dave; 5th November 2008 at 10:44 AM.
Jenny Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote