View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2015, 07:55 PM   #7
DBRYR4

Re: Fear leading to a Dead Bedroom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfgarnett View Post
I agree with LDT, you sound like you or both of you need professional, practical, emotional support for the multiple problems, you will find good caring people here with life experience however I might be wrong but there are no professional therapists, practitioners, our counsellors that post in here, we are just well meaning amateurs not experts, by all means we will do our best for as long as you need but as I said you possibly / probably need expert intervention, good luck to you both.
Right now we're just looking for a nudge in the right direction. He's dealt with depression and anxiety his entire life, practically, and has been on medication for it since he was around 14 I think. He used to see a therapist but stopped going a while after he was first hospitalized. He still sees his psychiatrist (I now see the same psychiatrist).

Our newest revelation was that he might possibly be somewhere on the bipolar spectrum, which does explain the mania and depressive-like episodes I see (he's aware of it now, too, for perhaps the first time in his life), and it explains the impulsivity.

Honestly I could deal with all that, when it was just our sex life that was suffering, because we still had fun together and got along great. But now we aren't having sex, AND the mania/depressiveness/impulsivity/fanficul thinking are controlling our entire relationship. I love him and I want to help him but I'm getting exhausted. I'm also starting to just pull away, physically and emotionally.

So that's where we are right now. He doesn't like the therapist he's been seeing since he was hospitalized in April for feeling suicidal, which he never told me, so if he wants to look for someone else that's fine. But I do wanthim to see someone. Either alone or with me,I don't really mind,so long as he's seeing SOMEONE.

ETA: I should mention we're in our mid20s so we really have no idea where or how to seek help
DBRYR4 is offline   Reply With Quote