View Single Post
Old 5th February 2012, 01:16 PM   #176
George

Re: Married and lonely

First I must apologise that it's taken me so long to come back to the board and reply.

Thank you to everyone who has replied, but especially to Forever. Forever you should go into counselling, because your advice is always good, but when you put your thinking cap on, you're brilliant and really hit the nail on the head! You've put things so beautifully and correctly in my eyes.

To you and Chosen, I totally agree that I cannot act apart from God, and the Holy Spirit needs to intervene as there is no way I can change any of this on my own.
So, I've been praying about the situation, although I have not attempted to broach the subject with my wife as yet, as again you are exactly right that she will not be convinced by logic, reasoning, coercion etc.. We will have to see where this goes.

Chosen, I can never completely be sure of course, but on reflection I don't think my wife knew before we were married that she wasn't going to have sex for 5 years until she wanted a baby and wasn't going to use birth control etc.. I certainly didn't as it was never discussed and as I mentioned before, there was nothing physical going on at all before marriage apart from may be holding hands. So, I believe she never even thought about these things, it just wasn't on her radar at all.

So once we married she was confronted with the situation, and took decisions then, almost on the spot, to introduce all the rules etc.. I think Forever is right that all of a sudden she saw the gates of hell opening to welcome her as the whole question of sex (sinful lust in her eyes) arose on honeymoon.

I'll be praying and I'll try to let you guys know if anything changes.
George is offline   Reply With Quote