View Single Post
Old 6th September 2010, 01:37 PM   #6
Helen_uk

Re: Back again 1 year on starting to feel it all again

Hi Sean,

We spoke about this a little on Fb I seem to recall....

You did start the new relationship right in the middle of the upset of your wife leaving and I did say at the time it was very quick , however life happens sometimes and we go with the flow so absolutely no point in feeling guilty .

You've only been with your new g/f a relatively short amount of time but I can understand that she's invested her feelings in you and if you end it now she is going to feel hurt , if you carry on though she is going to be even more involved and the hurt will be far greater.

I do think though that you shouldn't end this relationship in the hope of getting back together with your wife as this is raising your hopes and you may end up hurt and disappointed all over again. End the relationship if it's right for you to do so and it's what YOU want .

I seem to remember your wife was very manipulative beforehand, trying to use the boys against you and so I would disregard what she's said about not getting back together because of the new g/f, that smacks of emotional blackmail to me.

Take everything into account Sean and make a decision based on facts . Being alone and having time to heal after the break up of a marriage is very important , you need time to be you . Don't allow your wife to manipulate you by saying there was a chance of you and she reuniting when she had made it clear previously that wasn't going to happen , don't allow the new g/f to sway your decision by saying she has fallen for you . Make that decision for yourself and by doing what's best for you . It's the only way to be happy in the long term.

Helen
Helen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote