View Single Post
Old 4th August 2015, 01:29 PM   #13
chosen

Re: For the broken hearted, 1 Corinthians 13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfgarnett View Post
Hi Chosen I have been in this ruddy town 50.8 years I don't think the Krays or the great train robbers got that long. I'm not bothered very much about the sun, I have said this before that my favourite place so happens to be in the Med and has scorching hot summers but if it was in Siberia I would still love it, it's not the weather that took us over so much there is so much more to Malta u Ghawdex than that, personally I quite like cool and a bit of rain, I am fed up where I am it's grey, it's old, its antiquated but not in a nice way, it,s miserable too and the people are grey too, that's life in a Northern Town, yes we all feel like running away sometimes, but now is not the time, for health, emotional, and financial reasons, maybe one day but now is not my time, I need to make a very clean break and I wouldn't be doing that if I scarpered now, all I would be doing is running away just like she did, I'm not a coward I need peace of mind, perhaps one day if that happens then I might leave but not until I have found that peace of mind. meanwhile I work hard and ply my trade, the business is still doing ok not great but ok, so I'm not going to starve or be homeless any day soon, but when I leave if I leave it will be with a clear mind, heart, and conscious, sadly now is not that time.
I dont see it as running away, but making a fresh start, making good changes and getting to know another part of the country and new people. It wont be easy after so long here but sometimes we need a new challenge and to be stretched.
I have no idea why anyone would remain in a town they hate all their lives. I have lived in places I didnt like and I got out as soon as I could. Its seems such a waste of life to do that ralf.
There are so many nice parts of the country to live in, I have been researching many of them. So many lovelY market towns (which is where I want to live) and villages.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote