View Single Post
Old 21st September 2011, 04:25 PM   #8
lovingfatherandhusband

Re: Wife wants "space" and is moving out

My issue now with this is that I realize this, but how do I convince her of this when she won't talk to me about it. She is only open to talking about our daughter. I really feel that a lot has happened over the past year.. the stresses of an adoption process where you open yourself up to be looked at under a microscope, getting our daughter, our daughter being in the NICU for 18 days, coming home adjusting to the change, when going back to work immediately starting a new position, and on top of it me not being supportive. I know all of this, but is it wrong for me to want time to address the issues I am clearly aware of now? Or to give us time to adjust to all these new changes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I see here a woman who was begging and pleading (your words LFH) to be allowed home to look after the baby. Now she is at work (you said that this is what she wants) under a lot of pressure with a heart problem as well. You now have the money but at what cost? It is understandable how the intimacy times have dropped and you have less time together as well. Do not the problems emanate from this? She is not a machine. I do wonder whether the right decision has been made by you both and whether she would not be happier under less pressure having time to look after the baby and be more amenable to you. I don't think you can have your cake and eat it.