View Single Post
Old 7th July 2010, 05:15 AM   #15
chosen

Re: Living together before marriage

crystatips
I do think that as a Christian you know what God clearly says about sex outside marriage. Why has he been unable to get divorced for three years? If he is not yet divorced then you need to wait till he is before living together (after you have married).
Yes God does allow divorce and remarriage for certain reasons,such as sexual immorality. My husband and I are both previously divorced, but your man is still married to another women and therefore you are committing adultery. Also I hope that you dont mind me saying, but to have stayed in frequent contact with him when you knew his marriage was in trouble wasnt wise or kind, as that may not have helped him to focus on his marriage 100% and trying to make it work. He still needs to be doing this especially as it seems his wife doesnt want a divorce.

I woud step right back and stay living apart till he is no longer married, and even then ask God what He wants you to do.God knows best and you need to make sure this is what He wants and not just what you want.Seek God and his will for you. All I do know is that God doesnt want you to be living with a man who you arent married to, and who is still married to another women.
To be honest crystatips, I wouldn't want to marry a Christian guy who thinks it is ok to have sex with a woman while he is till married to another and who isnt yet married to you. To me that is a big red flag. He is clearly disobeying God. He isnt putting God first, and is that what you want?

Last edited by chosen; 7th July 2010 at 05:19 AM. Reason: spellings
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote