View Single Post
Old 15th March 2009, 10:25 AM   #10
Brotan

Re: Prayer request - job for husband

My husband has agreed to marriage counselling for which he has committed to do a lot of things including reading the Bible, praying and going to church, which I imagine he has not been doing a lot of lately. I believe he takes seriously the committments he makes, so I am trusting he is doing what he agreed to (just as he has to trust that I am keeping my end of it) I cannot know what God plans for my husband are, but I am trying to lean on the fact that when two people get married they become one with different roles sure. I have to trust that God is leading him to fulfill his roles in our marriage.

I am going to return to my husband in three weeks time. In doing so I will lose the job I have here and my husband still does not have a job. We do have a place to stay. I will also lose all the support I have built up here and have no support in the new place until I manage to find some. This is the decision to make that seems totally crazy - I cannot imagine anyone thinking that this is a wise decision - we still have our daughter to look after too. The only reason I have decided to return is based on scripture: that God honours marriages (two become one) and that God will supply all our needs.

Nonetheless I do have doubts about this and a great desire to protect myself and my daughter incase it doesn't work out. At the same time how do I do something in faith if I leave a back door open?

I cannot imagine that there is another spirit at work here. It feels correct according to scripture, just unwise according to how things are in the world.