View Single Post
Old 5th August 2013, 01:53 AM   #3
1aokgal

Re: Me & My Wife Want Different Things

Hi Topclick...

Welcome to the forum. I hope you rethink thinking about divorce in response to some frustration ansd anger you feel about issues with your wife. You are not partnering in this marriage, as it sounds as if you feel inadequate as a man, unless you provide everything she wants. It seems to me she isn't getting the information about your true financial staus, as how much money it needs to run the household, and what salary comes into the house. She might believe that because you work 7 days a week there should be more money.

Many desire a new home or car and have no idea about the cost or the burden that would place on the household income with one worker. She needs to realize these matters in a sit down to let her know the state of your finances. You are not the father, who must provide for her needs, you are a man trying to do it all. No wonder you resent her and the demands she places on you! It is so wrong to work 7 days a week. That means she has to be both mother and father to the children, as you are not there or don't have the energy. She may feel another child will fill in for being lonely, as you work all the time.

Maybe she needs to find a part time job or full time job, if the kids are in school, and you work together on your obligations. Maybe if you both work together there will be harmony. There could be the means for a new home in the future. You will feel differently about her, when you partner together, and you are not the one who bends to her unreasonable demands. You have to get the truth of your finances out there and handle things together. Stop trying to carry her on your back and take on all the burdens in the marriage.

Spend time with your family, and take a day off each week, even if you have to live on a bit less money. That is how one is supposed to live life. Your marriage and your good health will buckle under the harsh reality of working every day for THINGS. Have less things, and more quality of time with your family.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 6th August 2013 at 03:35 AM.