Thread: I need HELP
View Single Post
Old 29th October 2015, 11:40 AM   #3
Ultron

Re: I need HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I assume you didn't know about this before you married her.

I don't think it is entirely her fault as that is how she has been brought up. She has obviously tried it and not succeeded. There seems a bit of a culture clash here and so you both need patience with each other. Nobody is asking you to change but I think it would be a good idea to go with her ocassionally and share her way. She is far more likely to listen if it doesn't become a tug of war between you.

The main thing is not to destroy the marriage over it. You have walked into this and it is a trial for you over which you have to get some kind of victory but not at her expense. You have years to love her and encourage her to, cook but I don't think it can be forced. I would encourage her small attempts and not kill off the small seeds because your mother was a much better cook. Don't ever tell her that as that would be putting a downer on her.

I know it is hard for you but building a loving relationship in spite of her perceived faults (we all have them) will in the long run vastly improve things. The danger is that you are getting a sudden reaction to the situation which could destroy your marriage if you are not careful. You will need a lot of patience.
so what can i do raymond!
She wouldnt cook'
isnt interested to cook,
she makes excuses like shes pregnant and cant cook (but when her family was here a few weeks ago she was on her feet for 4hours cooking for them)
We are expecting our first child does that mean our child would face the uncertain future of eating properly home cooked meals?
Ultron is offline   Reply With Quote