View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2013, 01:48 PM   #19
ronnoco

Re: Hoping to move forward

Hi Carl111,

These reasons just don't add up to me.....sorry, but they don't. It sounds very much like someone who is trying to justify their actions.

If I was your husband and I could see that you had these insecurities about trust, etc - what I would do is earn your trust. I would call and text you regularly when away, make a huge effort to see you as much as possible, tell you about my day and the people I encountered, ask about yours....because (in my opinion) that's what people in a committed relationship should do. I would see it as my duty to "win you over" and prove to you I could be trusted. I can picture myself doing this right now!

With regards to your mum dying - don't think of it as a burden what your husband had to do, again (in my opinion) this is exactly what he should have been doing. He promised in front of everybody who means anything to you both to stand by you in sickness and health, good times and bad, etc, etc. This is what marriage is all about.

The fact that he resents you for these 2 things is a massive red flag on character and integrity and I believe these are the 2 most single important things to have in a person.

There is a very long post here : -

http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8663

I strongly recommend you read it. You may see some similarities.
ronnoco is offline   Reply With Quote