View Single Post
Old 25th November 2011, 04:51 PM   #158
1aokgal

Re: Married and lonely

Hi Chamomile..

I would feel so badly if benthere thinks I don't admire her long term Christian marriage and her devotion to her husband to be a sexy woman and keep the romance intact. Aren't we, here, all about making the home and marriage the focal point in our lives as we try to keep balance about all the other responsibilities placed upon us?

Those of us who have been here awhile realize there will be differences of opinion, as we are from different countries with different culteral norms/practices, but we do share a focal point in faith. It is in that faith and how we apply it to our lives, that we are mostly on the same path, right? It is true that what drew us to this place may have been a search for understanding and help to overcome some personal problems. Maybe most of us stay for the community and to extend help to others.

I admire a few here who showed extreme persistence to deal with some painful situation in their marriage and I learn from them. I also feel a deep connection to a few of you here. Thanks so much for your friendship. I gained enormously from your help and understanding. I would say it is a good thing to feel richer for your input.

I hope beenthere will rethink the position we differed about. I pray her marriage will be a joy for her.

Here in America, today is the day after our celebration of Thanksgiving. It was a wonderful day of food and family with my roast turkeyw/dressing, followed by Pumpkin pie and my daughters' quite fabulous Pumpkin Cheesecake. It couldn't be better. She is quite the baker and they were here. We got a lot accomplished, as my grandaugher and I spent some time at the piano. She picks up quickly so a few hours later she is picking out the tune. Meantime my daughter and husband did cleanup kitchen time. She even stayed to organize one cabinet there, as she is an OCD person. Everything hit the trash can without a current expiration date! I loved that help.

You, in UK/other places, don't know what you missed! Of course, you also don't have a scale that shows a two pound gain either. :-(
I realize at times I, personally, might lack some tact/diplomacy in my posting, but it has never been my intent to hurt another.
So I hope our posters will accept the viewpoints shared here and not feel this community is hostile.
America today is full of crazy shoppers out there searching for the perfect gifts for others for Christmas. The most perfect gift we can give each other here is acceptance.
Thanks for your feedback..as always accepted in spirit in which it is offered.
1AOKGAL

Last edited by 1aokgal; 25th November 2011 at 06:13 PM.