View Single Post
Old 15th December 2012, 05:24 PM   #190
Forever

Re: Married and lonely

I am wondering if when she suggested separate bedrooms because of "temptations", that it was HER who was the one who was being "tempted"? I am thinking this since you have made no advances towards her...and if that is the case, this could indicate that the Lord "might" be trying to work with her perhaps...and she is resisting, thinking it is the devil? Just wishful speculation.

That she views sexual desire between a husband and wife as a temptation which comes from the pit of Hell is antithetical to God's design...this flies in the face of what He intended to use (sex) as a means of a continual bonding between a married couple...as well as a means of securing physical satisfaction in order to avoid temptation from others outside the marriage. When Adam saw Eve, I am sure he knew instinctively what he ought to be doing with her...and she probably figured out the same once he initiated action. Just the differences between men and women and the physical responses exhibited when they are both naked is a pretty good indication of our design and God's intended purpose...all without a needed "command" to encourage them to multiply. Sexual responsiveness never "required" a command...until the Devil entered the picture.

I wonder what your wife would say if she knew that when you mb'd, that there were "others" in your mind rather than her? That she has closed the door for you as a means for securing your own sexual purity because of her wrong beliefs?

I also wonder if you have explained to her that for men, needing sex is much the same as a woman who's breasts are too full of millk and must be released? She has had two children, so should know first hand about the drive to feed a hungry infant in a "timely" manner. This is speaking purely physiologically of course....and you were obviously not born a unich...which means that your satisfaction is ongoing until old age or disease removes it from you.

I cannot help but wonder what God thinks that you allow for this to continue...that you permit her sin to flourish into what is now separate bedrooms...and a husband mbing as though she were in her eiighties with severe medical issues?

If you have been praying ferverently for her, I wonder why God has not seen fit to answer you in some way that clearly lines up with His design and His Word?

So I can only conclude that perhaps He is expecting for you to examine your own leadership role in the home and in the marriage...and where it is found wanting, to "step up to the plate" and make changes....changes that will not fail to get her attention and put the record straight.

You are a "King" in your household...she is supposed to be subjecting herself to you. She is not. God did not set up a marriage in which the woman takes the dominate role and lives in rebellion towards the man she is supposed to love and serve with both body and soul.

What do you think about the idea of changing the nature of your prayers...from resignation to her ideas, instead, to asking God what He wants you to do to take the leadership back where it rightfully belongs in your own home and marriage? See if you get some insight and prompting?

Last edited by Forever; 15th December 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote