View Single Post
Old 11th August 2014, 01:43 PM   #4
ronnoco

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfgarnett View Post
My wife thinks he might be going through the change, her dad died a few years ago and she has never grieved properly, she is also under a lot of stress at work.
RG
Hi Ralf,

I wonder if these 3 things could be key attributes to your problem. I have heard of a couple of women who when going through the change have become very peculiar. Hormones can make people behave in a way that is very out of character, not the 'real' them.

Perhaps it would be wise to book an appointment with the doctor to get this investigated. Also, the loss of her dad and work stress certainly could play a factor.

I agree with the others that this set-up would not work. Perhaps if you were in your sixties, but not forties. I think this is a case of you being willing to accept anything possible to not loose your wife. If you Google '5 stages of grief' this fits in with the bargaining stage.

It's early doors, hang on in there is my advice as I feel there could be hope for you yet.
ronnoco is offline   Reply With Quote