Thread: advice needed
View Single Post
Old 6th December 2005, 01:37 PM   #24
woodywasp

Re: advice needed

Hi Liz

Things have moved on dramtically since I last posted a update on the website, try as I may I was unable to resolve the issues between my Wife and I and eventually decided to proceed with a divorce, my Wife to exception to this and cross petitioned and our respective solicitors advised us both this was the way forward, However my wife decided then not to put her forms forward. I did not respond to this at all and just kept myself to myself and after 4 weeks she finally signed and put her forms in yesterday. No more trouble has occured she has not made any more accusations against me although she was warned by the Police for Harrassment. As for myself my health improved significantly and I get to see my son once a fortnight for a hour. I am not looking forward to Christmas but do feel like a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I have met someone else but my new partner has her own problems to worry about as she has started to go through a divorce after leaving her husband of 20 years the only problem is she works with him in the family business but I take each day as it comes and I have already told her I will not rush into anything but I enjoy her company very much. All that is left now ids to pay the solicitor and brace myself for the financial side of the divorce to be sorted out. I am scared of losing my home as I owned this before getting married , solicitor who is acting for me offers no guarantees I will not lose my home and has already told me this will cost me financially as well as emotionally. I have also taken the important step of seeing a councillor to discuss the way I feel about all of this , someone suggested I should go and talk to someone after changing my job , becoming a Father and finding out I had Thyroid cancer the divorce was just another stress causer and so I have sat and confided in a councillor about the way I feel which I think has helped me in many ways. As for my Wife well the last time I saw her was 4 weeks ago she was leaving the contact centre where I see my son, She did not see me and I kept myself out of her view . I just feel it is better that she does not see me as if I am not in her line of vision she cannot hurt me anymore than what she has done