View Single Post
Old 13th August 2011, 01:18 AM   #770
Baroness

Re: Husband doesn't want sex

I have tried the 'date night' before and nothing ever came of it. His idea of date night is to go down to that nightclub where we know the owner but he isn't focusing on us or me there, but other people. We have gone to a movie theater before and dinner but not for a long time.

Perhaps when money isn't so tight we might do that but even when it wasn't tight, we didn't do that. We are mainly home together. Even now, he is in there watching tv after dinner. I have movie waiting to be watched that I got from Blockbuster and one he will like and yet its been sitting there for a couple of days. I've reminded him and I'm not doing it again.

The last one I rented he didn't want to see and its taking too long to view these movies when we could be getting another one. Yesterday he was watching a movie I swear he saw two days ago and I told him I couldn't believe he was watching it again. I have movies on the dvr but he isn't interested.

He's stuck in a mode of his own where he keeps watching the same movies or the news. I am just not interested in these things even though I did sit out there with him for a couple of nights. We are big football fans and have our own favorite teams so that is something we always do together. Last night was the first game of the season and he kept reminding me about it for days and then when it came time he didn't want to change it over to the game.

He said he's watching a movie and I said he'd been reminding me about this game for days and now he was going to watch the same movie he'd seen a hundred times? He changed it over finally but on commercials kept going back to the movie and I said I wasn't going to sit there any longer because I was sick of this movie. I said I wasn't sick of it until I watched it every week and that's why I come in here.

I'm not wasting my time watching the same movies. I will only watch a movie I've seen if it has been awhile. It's been a quiet day for us with him not talking much but he liked the chinese dinner. He did have on a funny movie I'd seen some time ago and I was laughing from time to time as I was cooking but after dinner I came in here.

He comes in and says hi and then sits to watch tv and he doesn't tell me about his day or say anything really and so I have to ask and I get tired of that. The past few days he's been volunteering that information and we've been talking a lot and he's been having a few beers. I tell you, the only time he has an interesting personality is after he's had a beer or two.

Of course it isn't always that way but when he isn't drinking he doesn't really talk to me. Oh, once in awhile but not like when he's having a beer. Sometimes he'll only have a couple and sometimes more and I will be out there with him and have one and we will have a good time mostly, but when he isn't drinking he just watches what he wants and doesn't bother to ask me anymore if I want to watch something.

I'm afraid this isn't going to change. It's been like this for going on 4 years now although he's much more talkative than a couple of years back. But when he's affectionate is always when he's drinking beer. When he isn't he doesn't say he loves me or kiss me and if there is any affection between us its me doing it.

He seems to get irritated easier and that has also improved but sometimes he seems agitated but if you ask him if he is happy he'll say yes, he's very happy. He's living the way he wants with the woman he wants in a nice home. He seems to be on another planet when he's thinking and sometimes talks to himself quietly but I can't hear anything he's saying.

He usually does that when he's drinking and when he drinks is when he gets aroused and so I know what he's doing. It used to be he would come in here and make passionate love to me but that isn't the case now and that's why I said what I did this morning. But he just ignores what I say and does what he wants which is to sit out there.

He doesn't have any hobbies like I do so tv is all he does on down time because he loves to do it. He is an excellent musician with the guitar and banjo but he doesn't play either one. The only other thing he likes is to paint and to go up to the canyon but he has nothing he likes to do while at home like I do.

We've never played a game together, whether it be cards or board games and I like to do both. We used to do puzzles together and we are both excellent at that but we've done a lot of puzzles and some of them are framed and in the bedroom. That was the one thing he enjoyed doing. He used to read a lot but doesn't now.

He has my new book I wrote in there and he's reading it from time to time but I don't think he's picked it up in awhile even though he says he really likes it. He's just too busy watching tv! He says that is our entertainment and he won't let me take off any movie channels. This is my life. Is it any wonder that I really like doing the hats?

I keep myself sane by doing things I like to do. I like movies too but there are many other things I like to do. I like photography and a lot of other things. There isn't anything I can do to change the way he is. Most of the time I don't care because I'm busy with my own agenda. Maybe he wants me to sit in there and watch these movies with him but I'm not going to do it.

I've seen them and its a waste of time for me to sit there just because he's in there and likes to watch these movies. I have mentioned this to him several times, why are you watching that again? I can't believe you're watching that again, and Really? You're watching that again? He can do whatever he wants but I'm making my life interesting and rewarding.

Most of the time he's like this old man who has lived his life and now he just wants to sit somewhere and watch tv and eat. This pattern changes from time to time but the tv watching does not. I know there are a lot of women who have it harder than this. I know there are people worse off and very needy and poor, so I really have no right to complain just because he wants to spend his life watching the television.