View Single Post
Old 13th August 2011, 02:32 PM   #775
Helen_uk

Re: Husband doesn't want sex

My son has a first class honours degree , which he worked very hard for along side working part time to keep himself out of debt ,it did secure him a good job in local government. Qualifications are valuable as long as they are vocational based ... or good general degrees in such things as English or Maths.

For jobs that involve any kind of advice or mental health support such as therapists , where people are vulnerable I would say qualifications are absolutely essential. You wouldn't consult a doctor with no medical training and you shouldn't put your mental health in the hands of anyone who doesn't have both in depth training and lots of practical experience. Life experience or having read books on a subject simply isn't enough in my opinion and advising from that point of view can do more harm than good as you have no yard stick to measure by other than personal experience... and every case is different. That's where training comes in.

That's why, in my opinion we do need to exercise caution on support groups such as this, to give people information of our own experiences but never to " tell " them what they should do.
Helen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote