View Single Post
Old 13th August 2011, 04:11 PM   #777
Helen_uk

Re: Husband doesn't want sex

I understand what you're saying, but if you chose to use a non professional for anything then you have no idea of the guidelines they use, nor do you have much in the way of a body to complain to if it all goes wrong.

As a counsellor I sometimes felt it necessary to refer people to a psychotherapist and in that instance I would always recommend they chose one from BACP or similar.

The point of a degree is basically to allow a person to start further up a career ladder in theory, although in practice that doesn't always happen.

As far as general education goes , qualifications express a willingness to learn to a prospective employer and most employers these days , unless it's a training position require both qualifications and experience. It's long been a bone of contention for me that not every child performs well in exam conditions and their true potential is often over looked because of this. However that is the way of the world .

My son went into senior school 2 years early because his primary school informed me there was nothing left they could teach him , he was in 6th form at age 15 and uni at age 17 . However my youngest son has an ASD and required support in school. So I've seen education from both ends of the spectrum. Both sons have managed to achieve high levels of education through different routes , but youngest son , who doesn't have a degree has found it more difficult to find work so far , maybe down to economic climate, but at interview stage he often gets overlooked in favour of people who do have a degree.

However , in my opinion intellect and intelligence are two entirely different things.
Helen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote