View Single Post
Old 12th June 2009, 05:44 AM   #5
Johnee S

Re: Is anyone brave enough to read the whole thing and offer some words of wisdom???

One piece of advice I'd like to offer you, when she is at her emotional lows you need to not take what she says to heart, she is speaking out of emotional content and it may be from her past unresolved emotional wounds. She may not have healed completely and is acting out in what her emotional state is at at times when this happens. Don't be like the typical male and try to come up with solutions or fix things. Just listen to her in a supporting and loving way. All she wants is to be heard.

I disagree with Aussie Joe, I think she is just insecure and scared of the relationship failing and her fight or flight mechanism kicked in over drive.

If she feels you truly are sincere in letting her vent she will heal, the power of listening is mans greatest challenge, to really listen with out getting defensive or angry is not easy for us men. If she needs space grant her that, and let her know you only want to be supportive and understanding to her feelings. Be strong for yourslef and be strong for her.

She has mixed feelings about commitment because she is scared of rejection, of being vulnerable to you, and possibly some things she maybe consciously unaware of. Don't be clingy or needy, just let her know you are there for her when she needs to open up. Be patient and sincere, let your strength and confidence show in your character. She was very attracted to you when you got to the point of exclusive commitment and a deeper level of love. She may have temporaily lost the spark of being in-love and is having trouble understanding a deeper love for you which she no doubt has, otherwise she'd never be texting you. Remember this is just as hard on her as it is you, women just hide their emotions differently then men do and as such is harder to detect the true feelings when they are surpressed. Be strong for you and she will come around.

Love is never wanting to lose faith, never wanting to give up, and never truly moving on. Love is knowing and praying in the deepest part of what's left of your heart that the other feels the same.
Johnee S is offline   Reply With Quote