View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2011, 05:36 PM   #20
1aokgal

Re: Wife wants "space" and is moving out

Dear Loving..

You don't have a choice between door A or door B. You have no choice except in the graceful and gentlemanly way you can assist her in this move. I don't personally feel her moving out will ever be a a hopeful sign! I will say though, that anything you do now will reward you in the future in your relationship where the child is concerned. I'd say she feels you don't understand her illness and the desire she had to be with that child.

Your wife will need help and you should do what you can and what she asks without pressing her. That is your only choice. Then you will go on with your life and learn from this a bitter lesson. Oh, if we could only go back and relive some of our less fine moments, right? Most of us have chewed on ashes a few times. Here is where you find out how good a man you can be, as you let her gently go, in the hope you might still have a tomorrow. What you have is relationship that chose to give a child two parents, and that you still will have for sure. So if you can ask her what tipped this marriage beyond redemption than you will get to the core of what went wrong. Maybe she pegs the break to one event or maybe it was a little of this and that. It is good if you can learn how things changed. That is a good conversation to have and it will heal both to get it out.

Then what do you do? You make a good life and see the child as often as possible. Good luck and of course, we will pray for you.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 23rd September 2011 at 01:02 AM.