View Single Post
Old 11th October 2011, 11:27 AM   #24
lovingfatherandhusband

Red face Re: Wife wants "space" and is moving out

Thank you. Although, I do not agree entirely with all of your reasons this has happened, I do agree with some. I do think she checked out long ago without ever telling me which is very sad because in my opinion that is why you get married, to be able to be yourself and be open. I do not think of myself as a materialistic person by any means. Do I like nice things? Yes, but honestly my ex wife was very materialistic. in the four years we were together she had five cars, new cars. She always wanted to get new things after a year whether it was cars, bed sheets, dishes, and now that this is happening maybe relationships.

I am scared for our daughter for multiple reasons. I think this is a pattern for my ex wife, she already had a divorce after six months of marriage, a failed engagement, and now another failed marriage after two years. Do I think she is totally to blame? Not at all. I am learning in therapy my issues and working to fix them or at least recognize them. I only hope for our daughter that she goes to therapy to realize her flaws because I know she looks at our marriage failing as my fault as she told me.

I am trying to do exactly as you suggest and not look back, but as you know this is hard to do. Especially when you have been told it is all your fault. I well eventually move on but right now the nights I don't have our daughter are the loneliest and hardest. The house is empty, I do everything in my power to stay busy but no matter how busy I am, when I go to bed and wake up I am still alone. I know this will eventually pass, but for now it is what it is and I have to get through it. If not for myself, for our daughter.

After sitting with my attorney to discuss what is going to be happening I truly realized that there was no chance of saving the marriage. If someone can sit through that and not second guess their Decision nothing will make them see. It was heart breaking for me as the attorney explained the processes to me. Everything we had built together was being torn down in a blink if an eye. I would not wish this upon my enemy. Unfortunately in our world today the Divorce is too easy. peoplee do not want to work on anything they would rather just start new. It is very sad because I feel that what we had was special and could have been salvaged with some work.

Thank you for listening. Talking about it and having someone truly listen helps a lot so I greatly appreciate it. Sorry for any typos, I used my phone which was very difficult for some reason.