View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2015, 02:02 AM   #8
1aokgal

Re: Torn Marriage Due To Living Locations

Chosen, sometimes we become so comfortable in our set pattern we don't realize that we cease to grow and reach out for new meaning and purpose in what we do. Since you both nurture others in your faith and church, wherever you go as newbies, you will soon become leaders. I'm sure that will be exciting as you reach your full potential in these most important years.

I still struggle with the time my husband is usually gone for several months at a time. Today I would say. "Now is the winter of my discontent"... (said Shakespeare) if I did not fill this cold, gloomy winter with worthwhile efforts and projects.. I would be discontented indeed. I am no happy camper at the long separations, but I never put it onto him, as he thinks I am stoic. How little does he know about that!

We are never together long enough to find something to argue about! We also think too much alike on most major issues, so we can't find points to belabor an opposite viewpoint. Do we miss out on lots of anger over trifles and the chance to make up later? That is too darn much drama!

I don't know why young couples find it difficult to compromise! They are lucky to be able to spend time together and find things they enjoy to do. What happens when couples are not grateful for good health and the time to be together? That almost tempts fate that perhaps one day they may have to deal with really serious issues. I think we all need to be grateful for our blessings, since life is so fragile and time is precious. We must value the time to love.

I hope this young couple can remember what brought them together. Where did the love go that UnknownMan thinks life would be better without his wife and children?

Last edited by 1aokgal; 24th February 2015 at 09:38 PM.