View Single Post
Old 8th January 2013, 01:50 PM   #14
snowmike

Re: My wife had an 18 month affair

Without doing that I would not have discovered she was continuing the affair with another mobile after she had told me she had ended it! She also told me she had not met him since ending it the first time, yet she had at least once to receive the mobile which he provided!

Even if she agreed to account for her movements, I have no trust that she is not continuing to lie to me. In fact I wonder am I beginning to become a bit paranoid about it....

It is a sh1t situation and as Forever said, I feel like a perpetual babysitter. I have explained to her that I didn't want this, but she has forced me into it.

I plan to turn up at the hospital this afternoon anyway. I will apologise then for the video pen if I get the right moment. She doesn't really know what the pen is, so I will make out it was just recording sound.

I have just received two books I ordered - "Relate Guide to Staying Together" and "How can I ever Trust you again - Infidelity from Discovery to Recovery in Seven Steps". I text her to say they had arrived but have (pointedly) had no reply. A third book "I love you but I am not in Love with you" - which she has said to me twice now - is due to arrive tomorrow.

She is very reluctant to go to counselling (Relate in the UK) as she says she knows far more about her marriage then anybody else and she basically doesn't think anybody can tell her anything about relationships that she doesn't already know. That is why I ordered the books.
snowmike is offline   Reply With Quote