View Single Post
Old 19th July 2011, 01:04 PM   #2
Raymond

Re: I feel unsupported by my husband - HELP!

Obviously Sophie you really have to talk this through with hubby. It sounds as if you are home schooling your daughter. I think this problem is quite common. A lot of men don't fit comfortably into the role of househusband and if they do it their heart is not into it always.

However he has much more time than you and I am sure he can put his hand in and help with the tasks like filling the washing machine a bit of cleaning and other things to take the weight off of you. There isn't always diy to do and most do this just at a weekend if it is needed so that isn't really a replacement role. More leisure really in my view.

Whilst we can say what he ought to do it doesn't really help. I wouldn't want to cause a division in your marriage which is more important. I think marriage counseling will help here as they will point out the obvious which might be better than you nagging at him. That's if he is willing to go. Just asking him might highlight your desperation. Basically it's about getting the message over without causing a big division.

He shouldn't be nagging you about washing when you have so much to do. He must learn to change his expectancies. Instead of making him do everything I would see what he is best at and just get him into those tasks if you can. Most of the problem is how you both handle dialogue really. My wife does most of the cooking, shopping and cleaning because I am at work. She is not that good at some kinds of cleaning so I do help with that but I don't like shopping and don't get a chance to do much cooking.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote