View Single Post
Old 26th July 2011, 06:49 PM   #7
koliver0821

Re: I feel unsupported by my husband - HELP!

I saw this post and felt compelled to answer. It is vital that you speak to him about your feelings or you will continue to put up walls around you. It will continue to happen until one day you will either explode or just have so much resentment, you will look elsewhere.

My wife felt the same way with me. the only difference was that I was working full time. We both were. I was working full time M-F and she was working fullt ime Friday night to Monday morning (as a nurse). Besides not seeing each other on the weekends, we hardly communicated our feelings. We only communicated what was needed to be done that day and we drifted apart until she finally decided to have an affair.

Sorry for bringing the heavy news.

Now how to communicate this. Your right, he will probably think of it as nagging but only if you do it in an attacking manner. I know my wife would say stuff to me but I instantly went on the defensive because of her tone and the way she delivered it.

The best way to do it is to talk about you. Tell him how you feel. Not that you dont respect him. Tell him the honest feelings. That you feel tired, exhausted, overwhelmed and that you cant keep up with all of the things the home needs. (Shopping, cooking etc). the way you speak about it must be done without sounding like a lecture. That way you can ask for help.

It is important to note that marriage isnt about whats fair and equitable. Its about communication and compromise. Just because you are working doesnt mean you are entitled to him to do chores and vice versa. Every relationship is about give and take.