View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2014, 03:57 PM   #306
chosen

Re: I don't love my wife and never have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto View Post
weird pastor? really. so if someone believes different than you they are considered weird. I have talked to people who think that there are no biblical grounds for divorce. Does that make them weird? People believe what they want, and it's to the individual to choose how to proceed.
Jesus himself says that there are grounds for divorce in the gospels so they are wrong.
If lusting was grounds for divorce then most people would have grounds. I suspect that if you actually asked that pastor if you could divorce your wife because she looks too long at good looking men, he would give you a firm "of course not". The sex act seals the marriage covenant, and that is what it takes to break it, sexual imorality.

Yes it is up to the individual, we all have free will, but if they are following God then surely they will want to do what he advises and says.
Where does it say anywhere that we can end a marriage because we dont love our spouse in the way we want to or in the way we think we should?
In fact, God commands husbands to love their wives as He loves the church. That means it is a decision to love and not a feeling. Wives are told to respect their husbands and to submit to them. Do you honestly think that women always 'feel' like treating their husbands with respect and submitting to them when needed? Of course not, especially if the husband isn't acting in a way that makes them want to respect him. Its not dependant on feelings, but on how we are to treat our spouses and children.

Last edited by chosen; 23rd January 2014 at 04:07 PM.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote