View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2005, 08:31 PM   #1
strawberries

advice on marriage please

hello
i have met a man who is fantastic but he is seperated. he is church of england and was married in church of england, and i am catholic. i obviously want to get married in a catholic church but i dont know if this is possible with this man. i thought that if he got an annulment then we would be fine but then i read that there are no annulments in the church of england because they do sometimes let people remarry in there churches, but can they remarry in the catholic church after being married in church of england and divorced? i do not know very much about the church of england beliefs and how much they differ from catholics. if he got divorced and converted to a catholic, would he then be able to remarry in the catholic church. its all so confusing! is a church of england marriage still accepted in the catholic church because if thats the only option i would still want to go to the church of my own catholic religion after getting married in a church of england. i hope theres someone who can help me, i need some advice, its driving me mad!!!!
thank you
louise