View Single Post
Old 29th December 2007, 11:15 PM   #29
tx345

Re: Do christian/atheist marriages work?

Hi, I'm a little confused so hopefully someone can shed some light on my circumstance as you all appear to be worldly and experienced in this field.

Now I've been in a relationship with my partner for 5 years. We love one another, wished to spend our lives together. Recently he has returned to his Faith. His family are religious but he's never shown an interest whilst he has been with me. Suddenly he tells me, without any discussion what so ever that he wishes to terminate our relationship as he wants to pursue a relationship with someone who shares his faith.
Now I'm an open minded athiest. I respect everyone for their views, am completely tolerant. This I just do not understand. I understand the possible issues that may have arisen with children but I was always willing to compromise or come to an arrangement of some sort that would suit both of us.
He tells me he still loves me and as a person can see us living out a happy life together but he cannot let it be as I do not share his faith.

So I'm confused. Truly baffled. Two people who love each other as much as we do, and it just can't happen as he believes he needs someone to share his Faith with.