Thread: Baronness
View Single Post
Old 13th November 2011, 02:47 AM   #153
Baroness

Re: Husband doesn't want sex

I would never judge anyone or tell them to leave someone and so I have to say if anyone cannot support me or understand then I really don't want to hear it. I am not into judging people or telling them they are wrong or condemning them. This is not what God wants. I have laid out my heart to people on this thread because I needed help. I certainly don't need to be judged or for someone to tell me whats in the bible when I already know it. If I wanted advice I would ask my mother and I have.

We are both praying for him but my mother, a true christian, does not condemn either one of us because she likes him and wants the best for me but even my mother put up with a lot from my step father who was a minister and she raised me to do the same thing from a young girl. She said I would have to submit whether I liked it or not but that I had to do what my husband wanted. I didn't buy it then and I certainly don't buy it now. Marriage is supposed to be a partnership, an exchange of respect, not for the man or the woman to do ungodly things regarding sex, and for the other partner to just put up with it because they are married.

I don't think God wants women to lose their identity or self preservation just because they are married. I don't have to give up my mind and will just because the husband thinks he gets the last word. If a husband can show respect and welcome his wife's opinions then that is a different story but I have yet to see that in any marriage. My ex husband tries that with me, telling me the bible said he was head of household and I told him when he came up with something that made sense I would agree and go along with it but I certainly wasn't going to bow down to his decision just because he wore the pants in the family. If a married couple can't learn from each other and talk it over and be willing to listen to the other person's perspective, then that is no longer a marriage but a dictatorship.

If this is the last entry I do and the last time I read anything from anyone then I would still like to say thank you for all the positive comments and I am assuming that everyone else is supportive of me whether I am married or not.

Last edited by Baroness; 13th November 2011 at 03:02 AM.