Thread: I can't let go!
View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:58 PM   #3
Pamela

Re: I can't let go!

Thank you Ronoco. I do feel taken for granted, and taken advantage of much of the time. You are right about doing things for myself. I take care of my body, watch what I eat, and stay active. I am complimented often by other men, and women about how good I look, and definitely not my age. Many people don't believe me when I tell them how old I am. This does wonders for my self esteem, and I need that boost since I feel so defeated after being around my husband and thinking of all that is going on.

I have always been a very easy going person, never arguing... Just loving, caring and understanding. Our kids are all grown, and wonderful adults. We are very close, but I never tell them about what is going on in our marriage. We also have two grandchildren, and he is very loving towards them.

I thought we would get closer as we got older. But to my surprise it was the opposite. Sometimes I think I should just back down, and not be so available, as you say, just start thinking about #1 and doing my own thing. Meanwhile, giving him the time to play this affair out to see if she is what he really wants. I don't know. So many things go around in my head, and I don't know what to believe with him anymore.

Thanks for some great insight!