View Single Post
Old 26th January 2014, 10:41 AM   #322
chosen

Re: I don't love my wife and never have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Not having the strength to start over and deciding not to start over are two different things. With a decisision will come God's strength if you want it and those who want love must show themselves loving.
You are so right Raymond about God giving us the strength to do things that on our own we would probably be unable to do. I look back on my life and often wonder how I got though some of the terrible things I faced. OK they did take their toll physically and emotionally, but I survived, my children survived(and they are lovely young people), and we are here to tell the tale and God will always restore what we have lost in the end.
God also loves it when we endure hard things but don't give up, or turn our backs on Him and go the wrong way.
My older daughter said about 5 years ago, that the main reason she came back to God, was because I never gave up on Him through the terrible years we had. I had no idea she was observing me like that, but of course children take everything in, and what we do and how we live is far more telling to them than what we say in the end. Words are easy, putting faith into practice is very very hard at times, but SO worth it.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote