View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2014, 09:43 PM   #5
chosen

Re: Feeling Alone And Confused in My Marriage

Sometimes it helps to write down how you feel in a letter. Its rather manipulative of her to ignore your feelings and plead pain and weakness as an excuse to carrying on eating rubbish and do nothing all day. Loads of people have pain and tiredness and still manage to do some housework and cooking, and as for her not wanting to take the dog out because its boring, cant believe it! I have had dogs for 24 years and they have ALWAYS had 2 walks a day no matter how I have felt, whether ill, in pain and whatever the weather, no matter what. Its actually cruel to have a dog and not be prepared to exercise it.

I think you know that nothing will change unless she makes her mind up that you and the marriage are worth it. It may well take you telling her how desperate and deeply unhappy you are, and how near you are to giving up on the marriage completely for her to act. Say that you want to work on this together before its too late, and that you are going to book some marriage counseling.
if she refuses to go, then you have to wonder if she is really committed and if things will ever improve.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote