View Single Post
Old 12th August 2010, 10:31 PM   #8
rppearso

Re: Should Governments support Marriage?

So what would the rules be, what would the consequences be. It is impossible for the gov to prevent the behavior that causes divorce. In the USA the tax structure is not that much different, people do their taxes in april but they have to live with each other every single night in between so tax reasons are not going to keep a couple togehter, I guess you could make divorce illegal but that still does not prevent the behavior that motivates a couple to divorce in the first place.

I guess in a way it would help, if mommy decided to be a prude then daddy could get a FWB or a hooker to substitute mommy in the bed room and they would simply live in the same house for the sake of the kid, although a hooker every other day if even for a service call would drain the family finances but it would be better than the home being liquidated and assests split and then mommy has to get a job while dad pays child support.

The issue is not marriage or government it simply people behaving poorly that causes these problems. If people did what they were suppose to do in the marriage they would not fail. If they made the divorces at fault and had really nasty consequences for the offender that might work but what would be considered "at fault" I certianly would not want to be stuck with a woman who would not do certian things for me in bed unless that was considered to be a 'fault" that had legal consequences tied to it. That would be lobbyed right out the door by feminist groups and we would be right where we are today, which is why we are where we are at today.

Last edited by rppearso; 12th August 2010 at 10:36 PM.