Thread: trapped....
View Single Post
Old 17th March 2014, 03:23 PM   #7
ronnoco

Re: trapped....

Hi Rickuro,

You wonder why your wife wants to stay with you when there are others guys who would glad take her, etc. It's probably quite simple. She married you. She vowed to spend the rest of her life with you and you are the father of her daughter. She wants things to work no matter what. She doesn't want to loose you. This is natural.

Have a think about it. Would you be happy if you and your wife split up and she met someone who was a nightmare? Read the post on this forum from Cabbage. His ex is now dating someone who has a criminal record longer than your arm and he has now started smacking the children. He has been violent towards his ex and others and is basically every dads worst nightmare as a father figure to their children.

Are you really willing to put yourself in this situation without first having a real try at rescuing your marriage?

What country are you in? I wonder this because no matter where you are, 3 months is an incredibly long time to be away from your child. You are missing so much. I suspect that deep down, the reason you haven't seen your child is because you don't want to see your wife.

Your child should mean everything to you. Even if you need to change jobs, my advice is move back home and give your marriage a real good go. You owe it your child. How will you feel if in the future her mum explains that daddy just left without a fight? At least give it your absolute best try. Marriage counselling is your first point of call.

I wonder if your wife's bruises are in fact a cry for her. She probably feels tormented inside knowing that you don't really love her. It must be mental torture for her which leads to anxiety, panic attacks and so on.

Raymond's post was really good. There is more to real love than just having that deep attraction and desire for someone. I know you want to bail because you can probably picture yourself happier with someone else, but don't try to convince yourself this is best for everyone concerned because it's not.
ronnoco is offline   Reply With Quote