View Single Post
Old 16th September 2002, 05:56 PM   #2
Kate

You are in a very difficult position, discovering how little real control we have over our lives, when others are involved. Like you I believe that marriage is for life and that God also wants your marriage to survive this heartache and flourish. He knows how much you are hurting and cares for you.

It is quite natural to want it all to get sorted out quickly and I'm sure each day you look for signs of hope that everything is going to be all right, but God is beside you through this. He wants you to draw close to Him and trust Him that he will care for you whatever happens and however long it takes. You have not failed as a wife or a mum. A marriage is between two individuals who can both make mistakes and who both need to be working at the marriage for it to grown and strengthen. Your husband is responsible for his own feelings and how he acts upon them - you have not "caused" his feelings for you to change. As you know married love isn't just about having positive feelngs, it's also about choices and commitments.

You might like to look at the Covenant Keepers web site too. Michelle Weiner Davis's book, Divorce remedy has also helped some folk.

I do encourage you to go on praying for your husband. Are there people at church who can pray for and with you and support you?

Keep in touch

Kate
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote