Thread: Open Marriage
View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2016, 06:15 PM   #1
paulg

Open Marriage

My wife and I have been married for 10 years and unhappy for many of those. She's not enjoyed physical relations and we have not slept together for over 3 years.
Many times when she's been angry with me she's abused me and demanded a divorce but things always seemed to blow over and she'd calm down.
She came to me matter a couple of weeks ago and very calmly said she wanted to divorce.
She doesn't have anyone else and doesn't particularly want to move out but just wants divorce. I cannot understand why as she'd have nothing without me and if we divided up everything 50-50 we'd both struggle with what's left.
She has said for years that I deserve to be happy and that I should find another woman and I have begun dating again. Friends have told me to be very careful as if she has evidence that I'd been unfaithful. She could use it against me if she chose.
I have been reading a little about open relationships and indeed open marriages which I suppose is what I want but I wonder how to make it a legal thing. Does anyone know if there is a contract for such a thing?
Any advice would be appreciated.