Thread: How to move on
View Single Post
Old 20th March 2017, 08:28 PM   #2
chosen

Re: How to move on

Seren I am so sorry for the pain you are suffering, its a terrible betrayal.
I am not sure how you will be able to live together with him for another 5 months while he is seeing her still. Is there any way one of you can go and live with a member of your family or a friend?
Its such early days, and I am not at all surprised that you feel like shouting and screaming at him, who wouldn't.

In some ways its even worse than if he had died, because you also have the betrayal to deal with, and these things take such a long long time to heal from, accept and move on from.

Not sure if its any comfort, but relationships that start with one or both cheating rarely last, but if he is determined to go off down the path that will lead to his destruction, that's his choice.

We are in our second marriage after we both were divorced after long first marriages. His wife cheated and my husband did something even worse if that were possible. My marriage ending was as sudden as yours, but I told him to leave and he went to stay with a friend.

I can only say that we have a very happy 11 year marriage so I can confirm that you can love and trust again after deep betrayal, and that there is life after divorce.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote