View Single Post
Old 12th October 2011, 11:39 AM   #26
Chamomile

Re: Wife wants "space" and is moving out

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingfatherandhusband View Post

I am scared for our daughter for multiple reasons. I think this is a pattern for my ex wife, she already had a divorce after six months of marriage, a failed engagement, and now another failed marriage after two years. Do I think she is totally to blame? Not at all. I am learning in therapy my issues and working to fix them or at least recognize them. I only hope for our daughter that she goes to therapy to realize her flaws because I know she looks at our marriage failing as my fault as she told me.

I am trying to do exactly as you suggest and not look back, but as you know this is hard to do. Especially when you have been told it is all your fault.

in our world today the Divorce is too easy. peoplee do not want to work on anything they would rather just start new. It is very sad because I feel that what we had was special and could have been salvaged with some work.
Hi

Your first post certainly has invited the negative opinions of your personality.

The main problem would be the adopted child who ended up in a broken marriage. I hear that this happens quite often and that is again, a tragedy itself in this particular case.

My advice would be, not to make such a major decision of adopting children when your marriage is still fairly new and you're still working things out together. You were essentially driven by your own visions which were not necessarily shared with your w. That's going to head for a major disaster as you already have.
Chamomile is offline   Reply With Quote