View Single Post
Old 1st July 2014, 10:24 PM   #8
ronnoco

Re: My wife left me for a guy she just met at work :( will she regret

It is a horrible dark place but there is light at the end of the tunnel - trust me on that.

You are in the middle of a storm and you've gotta ride it out, do damage control and then pick up the pieces and re-build.

One of the best pieces of advice came from a chap at work. He told me when you have a good day, hold on to it, savor it, enjoy it while it lasts - when you have a bad day, just let it go. To start there will be more bad days than good but that will change.

Also, you have to look at the positives and there will be many, you just wont see them all yet in this raw stage.

You miss the family unit you had and all these feelings and emotions you are experiencing are totally normal. Like I said, process that pain correctly.

Another tip, when you are with your daughter, force yourself not to analyse and go over things. Be firm with yourself and say "when I'm with my daughter I'm not going to think about her, the why's, then when's, the what ifs, etc" This is quality time for you and your daughter. If you need to do that, do it on your own time. Touch a bracelet, watch or something everything you do it and remind yourself not to do it. This positive re-enforcement will actually help you stop going over the same old ground which in turn will help you move on.

You will adapt and overcome this. Be strong, respect yourself and don't loose your dignity.

Last edited by ronnoco; 1st July 2014 at 10:30 PM.
ronnoco is offline   Reply With Quote