View Single Post
Old 15th October 2015, 07:22 PM   #1954
ralfgarnett

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by notDoneYet View Post
I love this post. This is exactly how I feel now. Detached and over it. Making a plan for myself and S10. I'm the only one responsible for my happiness, nobody else.

I know my M is dead. It's just the paperwork now. So be it. As I've said time and time again it will not be the defining point in my life.

My new home is in an area where I know I will be happy. Friends, a social life. Fun stuff but also practical. It all makes sense to me now.

Ex? Still flaying. But that's only a concern to me where S10 is affected.

Someone has to man up and be the rock for him and that person is me.

Ralf. I'm not you so if this email is the final thing that puts an end to it for you then get on with writing it. But if there is no response or the response is in the negative then that's it mate. Put it to bed and move on. It's difficult not to put expectations on these things. God knows I did for a long time but it only sets you up for a knock down. Be prepared for that.

Peace my friend.
I'm pleased for you NDY very pleased and even in a nice way slightly envious of you old pal, but your right we are 2 very different people you do things your way I do things mine, and peas to you too a big ruddy bowl of shiny green peas with a big knob of butter and a sprig of mint.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote