View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2009, 01:58 PM   #9
jellybean28

Re: Living together before marriage

I have simlilar beliefs j92cool, date, courtship, marriage then kids, but the norm these days is kids first then marriage.

What upsets me is the girls often want the white dress and the church wedding with all the trimmings.
I feel this is why so many marriage don't work these days as for so many it's about the celebrations, not about the sacredness of the vows they make to God in Church.

My concern with my son is he has really low self-esteem and other problems and while his partner is a nice enough girl, she likes to get her own way and is rather immature.

In my case I went out with my husband for five years - while it would have been more convienent for us to have lived together for the last couple of years, my parents would not hear of it. In fact had I disobayed them, they consequences would have been for them to wipe their hands of me. Funny these days so many kids would tell their parents where to go.

Still I am proud to have old fashioned beliefs and values, but I am open minded enough to try and understand todays modern world. Goodness I feel so old lol